I'm a HUGE animal lover. I consider Dale's and my two cats, Felix and Laney, my babies that I would gladly do just about anything for. Anything. Really. We're our own little family, and for that reason, I am going to make sure that both of our kitties are somehow integrated into our wedding.
I would never bring them anywhere, and they won't be doing a walk down the aisle in a stroller or anything, don't worry (cats aren't very travel-friendly), but it just wouldn't feel right if we didn't have them there with us in some way. We'll definitely be more restricted than most, given that we're doing a destination wedding down in Mexico, but I'm sure there's an idea or two here that will work!
1. Along with images of you and your hubby-to-be, include images of your lovable, huggable, squeezable pets in your guest book.
2. Dogs can be easily included in your wedding photos for everlasting memories.
3. Get creative with your cake topper, and personalize yours to depict your own dog, cat, fish, bird...
4. Name the tables at your wedding reception after your pets. This is also a great way to honor any animals from your childhood!
5. Deck out Spike in a tuxedo and have one of your groomsmen walk him down the aisle. An obvious one, but so amazing and guaranteed memorable if you can pull it off!
6. Make sure that your pet has just as good of a time as you do! Get your pooch his own mini wedding cake, or have biscuits on hand.