Well, unless you've been living under a rock, you've probably heard that the brilliant Steve Jobs passed away exactly one week ago today, on October 5th, 2011. As news continues to stir, (I even just read an article explaining why he chose to wear black turtlenecks all the time) I thought it would be a good time to shine a light on how his contributions in technology have made it easier for brides to plan the weddings of their dreams!
You know the saying, "There's an app for that?" Well...there really does seem to be an application for just about everything, including organizing your music playlists for your wedding day, creating inspiration boards right on your phone and tracking your venue search with your own photos! With the help of my husband, who is a HUGE iPhone app fanatic, I gathered our top five recommended applications to help brides plan their weddings while on-the-go...so have at it! :)
Picks on Paper - Top Five Wedding Apps for Brides
- The Wedding Countdown application is more of a fun, silly one that allows you to count down your wedding and wedding anniversaries in anything from years, days, hours and minutes, to heartbeats and kisses. You can even share your countdown with your friends and family on Facebook. This application is FREE to download
- The Wedding Wire app actually integrates with your regular account on WeddingWire, and includes a large database of over 200,000 local wedding pro's and reviews. In addition, you can create follow along with their wedding checklist and to-do list, manage your budget, search for and connect with new wedding vendors. This application is FREE to download.
- This is actually one of my favorites. The My WeddingDJ application manages your wedding music playlists and makes sure that your music goes off without a hitch on the big day. All you have to do is press "Next" for each portion of your wedding. The app can automatically fade your songs in and out in between transitions, can be modified on the spot and even takes song requests! This application is $4.99 to download.
- The Wedding Row app is perfect for gathering and organizing all of the wedding inspiration you come across while on the go (because that's usually when we find it, right? =P) Take photos while touring a venue or meeting with a wedding vendor to see their samples, and then categorize your finds, save and share them with friends, and even create inspiration boards! This application is $1.99 to download.
- This should be an obvious one, but I've got to include it anyway - The Knot Ultimate Wedding Planner. This is actually a pretty new application, so it's FREE to download to your iPhone at the moment! It includes a wedding day count down, checklist, budget tool and wedding vendor guides by area, in addition to oodles of wedding dresses and other inspiration to look through when you're sitting in the waiting room at your doctor's office! Like the previous app, you can also save and store clippings and photos that you find along the way. This application is FREE to download