I'm always excited when I get to feature a photo shoot, a wedding or an engagement shoot that is both lovely and in-season, and today's styled holiday shoot by Brooke Norton Photography is just that! Using red and white candy canes and peppermint as her inspiration, Brooke wanted an intimate photo session that was reminiscent of Christmas, but she didn't want to beat you over the head with it, if you know what I mean. I love her choice of venue - the Mitcham Peach Farm in Ruston, Louisiana - which provided a ton of gorgeous sunlight and a bit of rustic contrast to the holiday theme of the styled shoot. Brooke worked with models Ryan and Katy to showcase a subtle vintage style (isn't that red and white striped dress absolutely adorable?!), and even made some of her special peppermint candy (I share her recipe below!) especially for the shoot!
Intimate, Candy Striped Holiday Shoot by Brooke Norton Photography
Brooke's Peppermint Candy Recipe
1 package of White Almond Bark (White Chocolate)
3-4 Packages of Peppermints
- Unwrap all of the peppermints and put them into a gallon-size ziplock bag.
- Beat them with a mallet until small peices (unless you want to ruin your counters, put the peppermint bag over a cutting board!)
- Melt the white almond bark in a microwave safe bowl as directed on the package.
- When chocolate is melted, pour in the bag of crushed up peppermints and stir until well mixed.
- Pour the ingredients into a baking pan (8x9 pan, cupcake pans, baking sheet,-depends on what you want them to look like)
- Place pan in freezer and let freeze.
- Take out of freezer and remove from pan (you might need to beat it again to crush into bite-size peices)
- ENJOY!! :)