Professional writing services Minted Wedding Stationery Words on Paper Inspiration Photo Gallery

Picks on Paper - Wedding Trends Turn Classics Wednesday, August 10, 2011 ~ 9:51 a.m.

If I had to describe my own personal style, I would say that I tend to gravitate toward the classics. Jeans, silk blouses and worn leather handbags...Soft lace wedding gowns, daisies and pearls...Don't get me wrong, I do like to follow the trends because I think it's fun, but when it comes time for me to make any decisions about what I'm going to put on in the morning or spend my money on, I almost always end up falling back on what I already know and love. However, I think that every single classic out there was once considered a trend. As we all know, even denim was once new and daring for women!

So today, I decided that I would take a look at today's biggest wedding trends, and pick out my top five favorites that I hope will make it for the long haul and become new "classics" within the world of weddings. My picks include bright and colorful ombre wedding cakes, romantic braided hairstyles, baby's breath, mismatched bridesmaid dresses and homemade wedding favors. What would you say are your favorite wedding trends? Which ones would you like to see stick around, and which could you really do without?

Picks on Paper - Wedding Trends Turn Classics

Brightly colored ombre wedding cakes
My Pinterest, Style Me Pretty, My Pinterest, Grey Likes, Pinterest and Style Me Pretty.

Bridal hairstyles - braids
Pinterest, Pinterest, Pinterest and Style Me Pretty.

Baby's breath wedding flowers and decor
Pinterest, Ruffled, Pinterest, Style Me Pretty, Style Me Pretty, Style Me Pretty and A Paper Proposal.

Mismatched bridesmaids dresses
Ruffled, Grey Likes, Green Wedding Shoes and Grey Likes.

Homemade wedding favors
Ruffled, Ruffled, Ruffled, Mud and Twig, Elizabeth Anne Designs and Martha Stewart Weddings.

Jessica (Sonoma County, CA)

Aug 10, 2011 9:54 AM

I love these! The braided hair is so pretty & I love those cakes!

Anastasia Marie (Vancouver, WA)

Aug 10, 2011 10:25 AM

I'm hoping the handmade favors sticks around for a long time.

Elizabeth {Bridal Musings} (London)

Aug 10, 2011 11:42 AM

This is a lovely post ~ I'm definitely more of a classic girl too but if these are the new classics then I'm definitely on board!

Rhiannon {Hey Gorgeous} (Grand Rapids)

Aug 10, 2011 12:59 PM

I am LOVING these trends! They are so fresh and fun and I hope they stick around for a while :) The ombre cakes and braids are my total fave. But then again I love the mismatched maids too! xo

Colleen {Soundtrack To I Do} (California)

Aug 10, 2011 1:29 PM

This is a fantastic post! I love these trends too, and hope they stick around! Those boards are so beautiful. :)

Allie@HoneyBeeInvites (Atlanta, GA)

Aug 10, 2011 2:09 PM

You totally got this right! All of these trends have turned to classic wedding staples! I love Ombre cakes, handmade favors, and all things braids!

Orly Lyndon {the boutique photographer} (England Uk )

Aug 10, 2011 3:18 PM

Oh my what loveliness is this x

Samantha {@} Orange Photographie (Bozeman, MT)

Aug 10, 2011 4:17 PM

I'm a total "classics" girl, too, but I LOVE your picks for trends! They're fantastic!

Kismet (India)

Aug 11, 2011 2:47 AM

Great post!!! I love the homemade favours !

Sandra @ The White Library (CT)

Aug 11, 2011 3:21 AM

LOVE all these especially the handmade favors, mismatched dresses and cakes! Great roundup!

Jessica [Shimmer+Silk] (Boston, MA)

Aug 11, 2011 8:33 AM

Love, love, LOVE it all!

Lauren @ ELD (US)

Aug 12, 2011 10:09 AM

All great picks, and definitely current trends! Love them all! :) I think the ombre cakes is my fave though.

I Heart Calligraphy (Brooklyn, NY)

Aug 12, 2011 1:13 PM

Oh goodness, those ombre cakes are fantastic! I also loove when the bridesmaids are somewhat mismatched... photo gold. :)