Minted Wedding Stationery
Words on Paper Inspiration Photo Gallery

bridalbridesmaid robes

Peaceful Plantation Bridal Session Monday, August 8, 2011 ~ 9:08 a.m.

This is such a pretty bridal photo session, that I actually thought it was a styled shoot before looking more closely! The bride and groom was married this past April, and currently live on a gorgeous plantation with their own little chicken farm and horse stables in Staunton, Virginia.

Beautifully captured by Katelyn James Photography, the Grey Gables plantation served as a really peaceful setting for Jill's bridal shoot, with its charming porch, sprawling fields of green and cherry blossoms. I love all of the gorgeous light in these photos, and there's a real sense of warmth and contentment emanating from the bride throughout the shoot that really draws me in. That, and the little chick that Jill is holding in one of the photos below is guaranteed to make you smile on an otherwise average Monday!

Peaceful Plantation Bridal Session
Peaceful Plantation Bridal Session
Peaceful Plantation Bridal Session
Peaceful Plantation Bridal Session

Peaceful Plantation Bridal Session - Vendors & Credits

Photographer: Katelyn James Photography
Venue: Grey Gables

Wedding professionals on Vendors on Paper

Jenna @ Heartcarry Press (Annapolis, Maryland)

Aug 8, 2011 9:27 AM

Stunning! What a gorgeous location- and I'm dying over that baby chick, so sweet! Awesome session.

Wendy Wade (Ashburn, VA)

Aug 8, 2011 9:42 AM

Wow, this is gorgeous! I just love the vivid colors.

Laura *You Stir Me* (NJ)

Aug 8, 2011 11:38 AM

I love the gorgeous lighting of these images and the bride is just stunning - her hair and makeup couldn't be more perfect!

chandra ~ oh lovely day (LA)

Aug 8, 2011 3:01 PM

What a pretty bridal session! Love the baby chick :)

Alicia @CharityWedding (Arizona)

Aug 8, 2011 6:59 PM

Gorgeous session! I love the lighting and the details they mixed in!

louise {bijouxbride} (London, UK)

Aug 9, 2011 12:16 AM

So pretty! I love the chick and the amazing bouquet!

Erika {Borrowed&Bleu} (Orlando, FL)

Aug 9, 2011 4:09 AM

Absolutely beautiful! I love the soft, dreamy quality of the photos - and the shot with the chick is precious!

Wedding Planners in India (India)

Aug 31, 2011 12:15 AM

That picture of her holding the chick...very cute :)