I hope you all had a great weekend! Mine was pretty low key...my mom went back to California on Saturday afternoon, and then Dale and I just relaxed at home and watched lots of college basketball. GOOOO Michigan State! :)
This weekend, Dale and I also revamped the big navigation/menu bar at the top of the page. You'll notice that we switched out a couple of the links...I added a Words on Paper heading, so you'll have easier access to all of the fabulous signage inspiration. There is also a new page titled, Services on the menu bar. I've been wanting to add this page to my blog for a while for a couple of reasons, but my main motivation here was to provide a space where brides can go and see how I may be of help beyond the information that I provide right here on my blog everyday.
On a semi-regular basis, I hear from brides who have come across my destination wedding on A Paper Proposal, and have questions about the planning process...usually, it's the questions with answers that are tough to come by elsewhere. How do I pack my wedding dress for the trip? How do I deal with U.S. Customs when traveling with all of my wedding supplies? Does the Mexican resort where you stayed have a nice beach? What did you include in your welcome bags? I remember having all of these questions and more, and unfortunately, there just weren't many resources for destination brides to get answers to these nitty gritty questions. It seemed like most people just grazed the surface of destination wedding planning, because honestly, until you go through the process of planning one yourself, it's nearly impossible to predict the little things that destination brides have to think about as their big day approaches. If you guys ever have questions like these, or even more specific questions for which you just need a straight answers, please know that I'm here to help! Just send me an email.
I sometimes receive emails from brides who are looking to recreate or do something similar to the welcome brochure that I created for my destination wedding guests. I posted mine right here about a year ago, and I've included it just below, in case you're interested in checking it out. I love receiving emails like these, because the writing is what I love to do most, and what I like to think that I do best. As you'll see detailed on the Services page, I am now available to create custom welcome brochures, letters, informational packets, etc. for anyone who is interested, and since I am still new at this, it won't cost you an arm and a leg!
I'm also available to help draft copy for wedding invitations, save the date cards, personal wedding websites...even ceremony scripts! Basically, if there's something that you need written or organized, I'm here to help! A more detailed list of my new services is included below, although I'm open to hearing about any and all projects that you need help with!
- Production and design of welcome brochures, letters, inserts and informational packets for out-of-town or destination wedding guests.
- Organization and production of wedding planning materials, such as wedding day and full weekend timelines, complete ceremony scripts, toasts and speeches.
- Composition and wording of wedding invitations, save the date cards and other wedding paper.
- Design, production and maintanence of personal wedding/event websites.
- Handwritten (not calligraphed) "Thank You" notes, addressing and distribution.
I know that many of you aren't necessarily brides, but are creative professionals who work in the wedding business in some way, shape or form. Given my background in public relations and marketing, I am also available to produce business and marketing collateral, website and blog content...
For Wedding and Creative Professionals:
- Design and composition of marketing materials such as press releases, pitches, media advisories, newsletters and mailers.
- Composition of all business related materials including client correspondence, news updates, articles, biographies, historical timelines, business templates and more.
- Production and maintenance of company websites and ongoing (daily/weekly/monthly) ghost blogging services.
- Creation of business proposals, grant writing and the full development of event-specific, year-end and quarterly recaps.
- Development of media and advertising kits, PowerPoint presentations, informational packets and other necessary business documents.
If any of this sounds interesting, please head on over to the Services page to check out more of my sample work, and contact me via email at Sarah-at-APaperProposal-dot-com to learn more!