Happy Hump Day! Today is actually my cat, Felix's birthday (yes, we know our cats' birthdays), and he's now seven years old! He's officially a "Mature Adult," according to his bag of Science Diet dry food :( My baby is all grown up! I remember when we first got him, he could fit into the palm of my hand, he was so tiny. THE cutest kitten that I've ever seen - hands down. If I had time this morning, I would include my favorite photo of him here...he's an orange tabby with a white chest and paws, and he had these really bright blue eyes! The bright blue eyes changed to green, and he definitely doesn't fit in my palm anymore, but I still think he's so handsome, he could be famous ;) Not sure he's trainable for commercials though =P
Anyway, now that I've proven myself to be the "Crazy Cat Lady," let's get started with this week's Picks on Paper. Today's topic is transportation for the bride, groom and bridal party on the big day. On your wedding day, will you get to your ceremony and reception venues by air, land or sea? Will you keep it traditional with a white limousine, quirky with a tandem bicycle, or go a little over-the-top with a horse-drawn carriage? It's a logistical decision that many of us don't make until the last minute, but of course, it's an important one to remember!
When considering a wedding transportation vendor, here are some things to ask and keep in mind:
- Be sure to go to actually see the limo, automobile, boat, etc. that you would be paying to use on your wedding day. If it's important to you, don't rely on online photos.
- Does the wedding vendor own its own vehicles, or does it work with another company?
- Is the company based in or familiar with the area and your venue(s)?
- What beverages are stocked inside the vehicle? Is there any extra cost involved?
- What is the company/driver's back-up plan in the case that the mode of transportation breaks down?
- Discuss arrival/drop-off times, accounting for any traffic, accidents, etc.
Picks on Paper - Wedding Transportation
Kelly Is Nice via Ruffled | Sylvie Gil Photography via Style Me Pretty | Jess + Nate Studios via SMP | Beccarillo Photography via SMP | Inbal Sivan Photography via Perfect Bound | Rachel Thurston via Oh Happy Day
Mint and Sage via Heart Love Weddings | Tanja Lippert Photography via SMP | Turn Loose The Art via SMP | Raw Photo Design via SMP | Ivy Weddings via SMP | Shannon Kelley Photography via Heart Love Weddings | Alexandra Kolendrianos Photography via SMP