Hey guys! Today, I thought I'd do something fun, and share my favorite makeup skincare products for this week's Picks on Paper. Since I moved to Colorado early this year, I've been forced to take better care of my skin because it is SO DRY here! Seriously, so, so dry, and it's impossible to ignore it. Not only that, but I think that it's important that all brides adopt a new, slightly more regimented skincare program in preparation for their big day. Because, as I'm sure you know, when it comes to your skin, you have to start early! Makeup can only do so much, right?!
I thought it might help for you to know a little bit about my own skin before you see my recommendations. I tend to categorize my skin as "Combination," meaning that I have an oily T-zone and chin area, while my cheeks and forehead tend to get dry. I usually get one or two zits per month, and they're almost aways on my chin. I wash my face twice a day, usually followed by moisturizer, and I put a moderate amount of makeup on about 3 to 4 times a week. I usually try to use a facial mask once a week, although I haven't found one that I'm absolutely in love with yet, so if you have any recommendations, please, please let me know!!!
I have all of the products below in my bathroom or makeup bag right now, and happily use them on a daily basis. I love them so much, that I just couldn't cut my list down to five picks! I have six listed, and if I could, I would like to add the CLINIQUE Liquid Facial Soap as my seventh, unofficial pick. I've tried many, many other facial cleansers over the years, but this one just works for me! Always has!
Still on my skincare wishlist? The Clarisonic Mia Sonic Skin Cleansing System! Do you have any skincare products that you are dying to try, or ones that you absolutely LOVE and can't live without? If so, please share! I'm always looking to try something new!
Picks on Paper - Favorite Skincare Products
- OleHenricksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster is a great skincare product to add to your repertoire. It smells yummy (like oranges!), it's weightless and not greasy at all. I actually couldn't handle the OleHenricksen moisturizer because it was too greasy, but not this serum. My biggest skin issue is the discoloration and sunspots that I get when I go out into the sun. This is great for smoothing out your skin tone, and I'm hoping that it prevents some wrinkles along the way!
- Amazing Concealer is the best concealer EVER. I had used Laura Mercier's concealer for years before I found this, and it doesn't even compare to Amazing Concealer. I'll warn you that it will cost you a pretty penny for a small tube, but it is well worth it. I use a little tiny dot's worth for under my eyes and to cover a couple of blemishes each day, and that's all I need. It's pretty heavy and thick, so you really don't need much to get the job done. I've had the same small tube for months, and I'm still only half way through it.
- CLINIQUE Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion is an oldie, but a goodie. I remember my mom using this when I was a kid, and I've grown up using it my entire life. I love that it's unscented, light and effective, but not at all greasy. It absorbs quickly, too, so I can put it on right before I put my makeup on!
- CLINIQUE Even Better Dark Spot Correcting Hand Cream is one of my newest favorites! I actually had a mini freak out earlier this summer when I looked down at my hands and saw SO many sun spots on them. My mom would always tell me that your hands are the window to your real age, and mine were not looking young, I'll tell you that! I was excited to see that Clinique (one of my favorite skincare brands), had a dark spot correcting hand cream with SPF, and snatched it up immediately. I applied it once a day for a couple of weeks, and like magic, all of the spots went away! Amazing!
- Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater smells SO good and it's so refreshing! Honestly, I have no idea if it actually does anything for my skin, but I love how it feels, and for me, that makes it worth the $12! It's a pretty big bottle, too! I spray this on my face after a hot shower. It smells just like roses!
- Dr. Jart Premium Beauty Balm, also known as BB Cream, is definitely the best BB Cream that I have never tried so far. I've tried Smashbox and Boscia, and neither measures up! It goes on smooth (unlike Boscia), but it's not greasy or heavy (like Smashbox), and it gives just the right amount of coverage. I highly recommend it!