Like my mom always said, for us ladies, our biggest downfall is snacking. When I'm at my thinnest, it's because I'm able to go from meal to meal without grazing in between, and when I'm at my biggest, well...you know. Lately, it seems like I can't stay full for very long, and I've been trying to focus on not only the quantity by the quality of my snacking. Believe it or not, I don't think that the quality of a snack is solely dependent on how healthy it is - the breakdown of protein, to sugar, to carbs. A snack should not only be healthy, but satisfying, and what satisfies one person can be completely different from one person to another.
When I was titling this post, I hesitated to label my favorite snacks as all "healthy" or "low calorie," because I'm not sure that's entirely accurate. Regardless though, I personally enjoy all of these snacks, and I think they're relatively healthy (no cookies or potato chips here!), so I thought I'd share.
Bridal Fitness on Paper - Favorite Snacks
- My first go-to is always peanut butter. High in calories and fat, yes, but satisfying? Ohhhh, yes. The new all natural variety of JIF is pretty good, too! It fills me up quickly, and I feel like I'm still getting to indulge. I like to eat peanut butter with the Rold Gold Bakery Honey Wheat Pretzels for a salty snack and Reduced Fat Honey Graham Crackers for something sweet. YUM!
- I'm not much of a tea drinker, but my favorite is the Berry Detox herbal variety by Yogi Tea.
- In the mornings, I usually pair my Fage peach greek yogurt (the blueberry is pretty good, too!) with the cinammon bread by Pepperidge Farms; both of which are fairly low calorie for breakfast.
- Have you ever tried the bagged frozen smoothies by Yoplait? My mom actually introduced them to me a couple of years ago, and they came out with my all-time favorite flavor, Chocolate Banana, earlier this year. There are two servings in each bag, so I usually divide its contents in half, and put the half I'm not using in a tupperware container and put it back in the freezer for next time. I usually blend it with milk, one serving of Fiber powder and (what else?) a scoop of peanut butter for protein. It seriously tastes like a chocolate milkshake! Soooo good!
- Last, but not least, my regular dessert - Ben & Jerry's Greek Blueberry Vanilla Graham. This stuff is so good, it gets me in trouble. Because sure, it's technically Greek frozen yogurt, but it's still over 200 calories per serving (with 4 servings in that tiny little pint!), so be careful! I've actually tried several of the Ben & Jerry's Greek frozen yogurt varieties (the only one I didn't like at all was the Banana Peanut Butter), and this one is definitely the best, hands-down.
Bridal Fitness on Paper is a weekly blog series posted every Monday, where I share and review a wide variety of cardio and resistance training workouts, both inside the gym and out. Bridal Fitness on Paper is meant to help guide brides along their weight loss journey all the way to the altar and beyond! All of the reviews posted are based on my own experience; I am not a fitness or nutrition professional. If you're curious about a specific workout, and you'd like for me to review it, please do leave a comment below or feel free to send me an email at Sarah - at - apaperproposal - dot - com.